Spanish Fire [Final] in Kings Range Wilderness, 6 miles southeast of Petrolia (Humboldt County) is now 100% contained at 498 acres.
- Emergency & Preparedness Links
- Prep for the Big One – With These New Tsunami Maps
- Southern Humboldt Takes a Field Trip to Sacremento
- 101 – DEAN CREEK SLIDE REPAIR SITE UPDATE
- Are You Prepared?
- Aerial Photos Fish Creek and Dobbyn Creek Slides
- Photos from Highway 101 slide
- Fish Creek Area in Benbow
- Crews work all night to save home and bridge at Dobbyn Creek
- Briceland Road is Gone
- SoHum Slide Crowd Map
About Using Facebook
The SoHum Awareness Facebook page is "public". This means anyone can read it. You do not need to have a Facebook account in order to read what is on the page. But if you want to interact with the page, you will need to have a Facebook account, and "like" SoHum Awareness Facebook page.
Browse by Tags
SoHumAwareness.org Goes LiveSoHumAwareness.org, will play an active, as well as archival role in documenting any disaster incidents and other events that are being posted to our public SoHum Awareness Facebook page. Any major incident will be cross posted to this website. Those of you who don't want to use Facebook or visit Kym Kemp's blog - RedHeaded Blackbelt will have access to at least some of the content from those other sites posted here. Remember to get the latest SoHumAwareness news, you should follow us @sohumawareness on Twitter and on the SoHum Awareness Facebook page. If you are new to SoHum Awareness, take a look back through the posts in late March 2011 and April 2011 to see what prompted this website and the Facebook page. ~bobbi