The bluffs between Garberville and Redway are clear at this time (10:15am).
The CHP is reporting that Hwy 101 between Weott and Myers Flat has flooding. The road is not closed but is very wet. There are Flooded signs.
They are also reporting icy conditions south of Leggett.
CHAINS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL VEHICLES EXCEPT 4-WHEEL-DRIVE VEHICLES WITH SNOW TIRES ON ALL 4 WHEELS
– ON INTERSTATE 5 (I5)
– FROM 10 MI NORTH OF REDDING /AT FAWNDALE RD/ TO 24 M NORTH OF REDDING (SHASTA CO)
– FROM 3 MI SOUTH OF DUNSMUIR /AT MOTT RD/ TO 3 MI NORTH OF WEED /AT EDGEWOOD RD/ (SISKIYOU CO)
– FROM THE JCT OF SR 3 (TRINITY CO) TO PLATINA (SHASTA CO)
– ON Hwy 36 From 3 MI EAST OF MAD RIVER TO 5 MI WEST OF FOREST GLEN (TRINITY CO) /SOUTH FORK MOUNTAIN/
– ON Hwy 96 FROM 2 MI EAST TO 10 MI EAST OF HAPPY CAMP (SISKIYOU CO) /CADE MOUNTAIN/
Hwy 299 – Winter weather carry chains
Hwy 101 – Winter weather carry chains
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC 7.8 MI EAST OF THE JCT OF SR 299 (HUMBOLDT CO) – DUE TO A SLIDE
For those traveling outside the area this weekend, this website has traffic cameras from Oregon Mountain Summit on Hwy 299 just west of Weaverville to the Nevada state line, and from Red Bluff north to the Oregon border:
Northern Traffic Cameras
2 outage(s) affecting 234 customer(s)
Cause: PG&E will be assessing the cause of your outage.
Status: Awaiting assessment
Start Time of Outage: 12/22/2012 08:19:00 AM
Est. Time of Restoration: Not Available
Last Updated: 12/22/2012 09:28:15 AM